Friday, August 19, 2011

Take Two: The "FINAL" Chapter

Sorry it's been a while since I've updated. I actually planned on doing an entry Monday night but figured it was too late and I needed my sleep for college (which I will discuss in my next entry, I need a few days here to gather my thoughts)

But before that, let's do a second take of my "Final Chapter" entry.

Take Two, Action.
No clouds in my storms.... (ella, ella, eh eh eh)

Monday at about 3:50 (10 minutes after school let out), Mikey called me and invited me over because "it would be the last time we would see each other". Funny, I thought that's what Sunday was all about. But you know me, I hopped on my horse and giddy-upped all the way there (WTF? Sorry, I'm tired). Once I got there, he told me he had to take a crap (why he couldn't do this before calling beats me). So he did, and I waited in his room on my laptop. He came back and told me all about his first day back to school. It was nice because it was obvious he had been waiting for someone to share this with. He also asked how I liked his haircut, and I responded "it's nice I guess". He then smartly responded "of course you think it's nice, you like everything about me". Sadly, that's true. After talking a bit we watched videos. I tried to make the most of our time together and tried to get some physical contact in when he tried to take my laptop. I resisted and pulled him onto me, but let go in fear of damaging it. He also asked for my help with a homework assignment where he had to write a poem about himself. He kept asking me stuff because I apparently knew more about him than he did because I was "obsessed with him". At about 7:15, he told me that his mom told him to tell me to go at 7. He left the room while I packed up my things, which was odd because he usually helps me. As I walked into the kitchen, he was sitting in a chair at the table with his back turned, coloring for his homework. He then asked (with his back still facing me), "Will you be sad?". I responded, "yeah, a little". He then said "Oh, well bye then". I responded, "Bye". We kept repeating bye to each other as I walked out the door.

It didn't really hit me until I got in my car and left that it was all over. I felt a sudden emptiness in my heart, knowing that it would be a very long time before I saw or touched him again. I got home and tried chatting with a friend on Facebook to get my mind off of it.

Then it hit me... I started crying. What started as watery eyes soon turned into streams of tears. And no, before you consider me some lovesick loser, it wasn't all about Mikey. Just about leaving everyone. It was all happening so quickly and I wasn't ready.

I felt the desperate need to call Mikey, only a half hour after I had seen him. I did, and left a voicemail saying I had a question. I really didn't have a question at all, I just needed to talk to him and tell him how much I would miss him.

After about 20 minutes, I started to feel better. I guess it was just a random outburst of emotion. Mikey called back later, and I told him about the breakdown. At first he called me a "pussy" but then said "I bet 98% of that was thinking about me". I responded "No, but maybe 95%". I asked if he would miss me and at first he was all like "no, no" but then he immediately opened up about it and said yes he would. That was all I needed to hear, that he would miss me. I don't know why, but those words made me feel so much better.

It took me a couple days to finish this entry mainly because I've been so busy moving into college and doing volunteer work in the city. It's kept me entertained and allowed for me to make great friends. But I really want to dedicate an entry to that, and I'll wait until the next one. I just wanted to finally get this one out so you can know how it really ended with Mikey.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like it ended on a positive note :) Good luck in college.